December seems to be a month of anniversaries – our #2 daughter was married on the 27th several years ago, so my mind turned to making one. On my desk for some time has been the Forever Blossoms floral bunch, ready for me to color and I began working on it. I had stamped the bunch in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, so knew I could color with the Stampin Blends. Let’s take a look…
It’s the wrong time of year for cherry blossoms, but aren’t they pretty? On that gray background they really stand out. I used Calypso Coral Stampin Blends for the flowers and Old Olive Stampin Blends for the leaves. This was stamped on Thick Whisper White and it tends to dry the ink faster than the regular Whisper White, so I did just a portion of the flower at a time and used a lighter touch at the same time.Once colored, die cut with the Cherry Blossoms Dies. I tied a double Linen Thread bow, adhered it to the bottoms of the floral bunch with a glue dot, put dimensionals on the back of the floral bunch and set it aside to prepare the papers.
- Thick Whisper White card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 & 6 1/2. Note this second score line is folded back, creating a z-fold.
- Calypso Coral 1 7/8 x 5 3/8 (front panel), 2 1/8 x 5 3/8 (inside panel), and 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. Adhere with liquid glue to the appropriate panel
- Peony Garden DSP for the front panel 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 + 2 1/4 x is 6 for the envelope flap. Adhere with liquid glue to the front panel.
- Whisper White 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 (inside panel), 4 x 5 1/4 for the far right panel + enough for the cherry blossom bunch, the single flower, the cherry bud and the sentiment (about 2 1/2 x 6 should do all that).
Adhere the small panel to the appropriate place.
- On the larger Whisper White panel, stamp the leaves at the top right and bottom right in Old Olive ink. These will be embellished later with the die cut bud and die cut flower
- Stamp the single flower from the Forever Blossoms stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color with Stampin Blends – Calypso Coral. Put a dimensional on the back and adhere to the lower leaves.
- Stamp the flower bud from the Forever Blossoms stamp set in Old Olive ink and color carefully with Stampin Blends – Calypso Coral. Die cut this and adhere to the upper leaves with liquid glue.
- Stamp the sentiment from Forever Blossoms stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink between the two flowers.
- Back to the front panel… Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink & die cut. This sentiment/ die cut comes from the new stamp set Many Messages & Messages Dies (available to customer Jan 5, 2021), but you could easily use something else.
Add the cherry blossom bunch on dimensionals to that small front panel, then the die cut sentiment and the card itself is complete!
For the envelope, adhere the 2 1/4 x 6 Peony Garden DSP to the flap with liquid glue and trim to fit. On the envelope front, stamp just a portion of the cherry blossom with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I chose not to color this as the simplicity of the flower ‘speaks’ for itself – in other words, is enough.
What do you think? Do you like this? Products to make this card may be found below.
As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SVFB9YJY – good until Dec 3, 2020 (that’s today!). When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.