Hello Again – nice to be with you. We have a light rain this morning and I am supposed to have some folks come for a class at 10 AM – OUTSIDE! I think we’ll wait to see what it does… the radar isn’t showing anything 😳
OK – today’s card is a sympathy card and mailed already. Sympathy cards are like that, they need to go right away. I love the simplicity of this card and have done something like it before, but sometimes when it’s a good layout – why not?
The Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP is part of the showstopper here, but the leaf… wow – it’s a stunner. I really like how it has the stitching inside showing leaf detail, and behind it is another but die cut from Brushed Metallic in Copper. Behind that is a Very Vanilla panel die cut using the Stitched Rectangles Dies.
Let’s go back a little bit as I kinda got ahead of myself.
- Begin with a Thick Very Vanilla card base 4 1/4 x 11
- Die cut copper leaf from the center of a panel of Brushed Metallic card stock 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. It’s going to be covered by the DSP and no one will ever know!
- Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP ( 3 7/8 x 5 1/8) is layered onto the Brushed Metallic panel with liquid glue.
- Adhere these directly to the card base with liquid glue.
- Die cut the rectangle using Stitched Rectangle Dies and Very Vanilla card stock. Adhere to the card front with liquid glue, centering.
- Die cut a leaf using the Stitched Leaves Dies from Very Vanilla cs (3 3/4 square of VV will do it). Adhere the two leaves together with Stampin Seal, keeping the ends of the leaves loose. Adhere to the rectangle with liquid glue.
- Add a bow using the 1/16″ Gold cord from the Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
- Front sentiment: this comes from Field of Flowers stamp set and was stamped in Soft Suede ink – having stamped off at least once. The sentiment banner is a Very Vanilla strip 1/2″ x however long the sentiment :O) Adhere with dimesnionals.
- Stamp the sentiment using the Peaceful Moments stamp set and Soft Suede ink onto a Very Vanilla panel 4 x 5 1/4. Stamp full strength!
- Stamp the leaf from the Love of Leaves stamp set and Soft Suede ink, stamping off at least twice.
- Adhere directly to the inside of the card and Voila! Your card is complete.
For the envelope…
- Stamp the leaf on the front of the Very Vanilla envelope with Soft Suede ink, stamping off 2-3 times.
- Cut a panel of the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP 2 1/4 x 6, adhere with liquid glue to the flap and trim to fit. Done.
This makes such an elegant yet simple card, it would be easy to make several just like it using various patterns of this DSP – and they would all look different due to the DSP or ribbons used. And of course the sentiment could be changed to happy birthday or thinking of you or congratulations.
I’ve already given you the card cuts, and the product list is below.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a card filled with love.