Hello there… Weather advisory for the East coast is to stay INSIDE today – it will feel like 104! Yeck! Be safe…I have been doing doing several different fun folds lately and well, I just couldn’t stop… todays is a mini version, a little 3″ card for a grandson turning 20… Cannot believe he is 20! 6’4″ and handsome – oh my…I’m just a little bit prejudiced. 😍 Anyway, the card… This young man has come to expect something fun in the way of a card, not something you can buy at the store – yay.. getting them trained. :o) So here it is…
This is so cute – perhaps because it is small. And I just love the way the folds are… here it is from a another angle.
Now you can really see all the folds. Here are the products used in this cute mini card:
- Whale of a Tail DSP
- Whisper White card base + belly band
- Details Bands Dies – oval in Whisper White cs
- Celebration Labels and Dies for the larger portion of the banner, Pacific Point cs
- So Much Happy stamp set – balloons, fussy cut
- A Grand Kid stamp set – front banner sentiment
- Little Treats stamp set – inside sentiment
- Pear Pizzazz and Pacific Point inks
Let’s see if I can tell you how to do this…
- card stock base (Whisper White) is 3 x 6 scored at 1 1/2 and 4 1/2 on long side. Burnish well.
- DSP panel (Whale of a Time) is 3 x 6. Mark center on the long side, at the top & bottom lightly with pencil. Fold from the top left to center bottom making a triangle – burnish and open. Fold from the left bottom to the center top making another triangle – burnish and open. Fold left portion to center, as in step one – burnish and open.
- Do the same on the right side: right top to center bottom making a triangle, burnish and open. Right bottom to center top making a triangle, burnish and open. Right to center, burnish and open. It will look like picture #4 above even though it isn’t attached to anything yet. 😊
- Cut a panel in Whisper White for inside sentiment, 2″ square. Stamp the sentiment from Little Treats stamp set in Pacific Point ink. Then stamp the party favors in Pear Pizzazz ink. Remember to stamp ON THE DIAGONAL. Adhere to the DSP.
- Now adhere adhere the DSP to the Whisper White card base: triangle on the left first making certain it is al the way to the edge. With the papers flat, adhere the center diagonal square then the right triangle.
- Belly band: 1″ x about 7″ to go around in Whisper White, DSP is 3/4″ x about 7. Adhere the papers together and wrap around card. Secure in front with Tear n Tape. It should slide easily on and off the card.
- Cut banner in Pacific Point using the smallest Celebration Labels & Dies. Put dimensionals on back and attach to belly band where it overlaps.
- Stamp the banner sentiment from A Grand Kid in Pacific Point – off to the right side to allow room for the balloons. Cut with the oval from Detailed bands dies. Adhere with liquid glue to the Pacific Point banner.
- Stamp balloons from the So Much Happy stamp set: one in Pacific point and one in Pear pizzazz. Fussy cut both. Adhere the larger with liquid glue and the smaller with a dimensional. Slide over the card and bingo this cute little mini is ready for giving.
I love this. Mini cards are just a different kind of treat and this one is extra special cuz it’s a Gate Fold.
That does it for today. Think about shopping during SU! Bonus Days. Items for this card are listed in the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalog which goes live to customers 4 Aug. AND the 2020 – 2021Annual catalog. Don’t have a catalog or a demonstrator? Then talk to me and we can fix that 😁
SU! has some awesome items in their 2020-2021 Annual Catalog and a real bonus going on now – called BONUS DAYS. For every purchase of $50 from now until 3 Aug. you will receive from SU! by email, a $5 coupon that is redeemable 4-31 Aug. Such a deal!
And when you order from me, please use my July host code to receive a SU! item worth $10 when your purchase is $50-$150. Sounds like another good deal, right?! It is…
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card made with love.