Todays card features the Happy Birthday To You and Birthday Dies from the Stampin’ Up! SAB catalogue. The Birthday Dies are sold out and I’m sorry if you don’t have them – they are wonderful! Last week I made a card using this same set and had these additional flowers on my table waiting to be used. Here’s why I had leftovers…. 😁 and the card I made from that second flower.
Those other three flowers were used to make this card.
Here’s how I did it…
- I diecut a circle from Whisper White card stock using the Circles Dies. I stamped the sentiment in the middle from the Honey Bee stamp set using Memento Black ink.
- I cut apart the single flowers from each of the colored sets and set aside.
- Using liquid glue I adhered the double flowers just at the edge of the circle. The single flowers were placed on dimensionals and placed also at the edge of the circle.
- The greens were adhered to the back of the circle with snail. The white leaves were from a recent Paper Pumpkin set (gold foil on the other side!) and adhered with glue dots on the back of the circle.
- The circle was adhered with liquid glue to a piece of Whisper White 4″ x 5 1/4″. I had wanted to run this through the Subtle 3D embossing folder and forgot! 😒 So if you make this card I suggest you do this step.
- This was adhered with liquid glue to the 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ thick Whisper White cardstock.
- Tie a bow with the Dafffodil Delight Ruched 1/4″ ribbon and adhere with a glue dot.
- So Saffron 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer adhered to the inside.
- Whisper White is 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamped with Memento Black ink from the A Wish For Everything stamp set ~ a perfect sentiment for a friend or family member to remind them during this time of separation they are loved.
- I was determined to get that 3D Subtle Embossing folder used for this project – So Saffron 2 1/4″ x 6″. Be sure to spritz your paper lightly before running it through the embossing folder. Adhere with liquid glue and trim to fit.
- Stamp the bee from the Honey Bee stamp set. Color with Stampin’ Blends Daffodil Delight.
Your card is done! Yay – now send it to friend or family member letting them kn ow how much you care about them. During this pandemic it’s really important to let folks know you’re thinking of them…. Oh, you want to know how to color the flowers? HA!
- First double flower (left of circle).. So Saffron Stampin’ Blends both light and dark, Light Old Olive for the leaves.
- Next double flower to the right… Dark Mango Melody and Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, Light and Dark Soft Seafoam.
- The top double flowers… Dark Mango Melody and Light So Saffron Blends for the flowers, Light Old Olive Blends for the leaves.
Now you have all the info. Hope this works for you and you have time to play with your imagination and be creative today.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.