Eeeek! My order for the Ornate Garden Suite arrived, so yesterday I took some time to play. I only had time to create two items and I’m really excited about them. Take a peek. (OOPS … I’ll share the other items in tomorrows post.)
The card was super simple and oh my goodness, the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder is just wonderful – little tiny flowers all over. That is going to become a favorite I’m sure. And the Ornate Layers dies – eeek! Stunning results!
- Run the ….. lightly spritz a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of So Saffron cs then run it through the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder. The spritzing allows the papers’ fibers to bend to create deeper impressions instead of cracking and breaking and not as clear definition. Does that make sense?
- Using about a 22″ piece of the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo pack (I used the Old Olive ribbon in the package), wrap it around the embossed piece and tie a bow. Make certain it is centered on the paper. Use glue dots to keep in place. Adhere the embossed cs with liquid glue directly to the Whisper White thick 4 1/4″ x 11″ base.
- Using the Ornate Layers dies cut a piece of Terracotta Tile. Cut a piece of Whisper White cs, stamp the front sentiment from the Ornate Thanks stamp set and adhere with liquid glue to the Terracotta Tile die cut. Adhere two little Gilded Gems from this wonderful suite of products. Put dimensionals on the back of the die cut and place it centered over the ribbon. The front it complete!
- Cut another piece of So Saffron cs 4″ x 5 1/4″, run it through your diecut machine using another of the Ornate Layers dies. Is that gorgeous or what! This could so easily be a card front, or better yet, used to cut down the embossed piece. Yes, yes! I must try that. On with the directions… Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink from the Ornate Thanks stamp set. Adhere to the inside of the Whisper White thick cs.
- Those little die cut pieces are from another of the die cuts in this set that I saved, cuz I liked them. 🙂 I’ll share that die another day.
Be sure to decorate your envelope. I stamped the adorable little flower in Tuxedo Black Memento ink then used Stamp’ UP! blends to color it. Just remember, when using the blends on an envelope to slip a piece of scrap paper inside so the blends don’t bleed through the envelope. Ask me how I know that!!! And I adhered a piece from the Ornate Garden Specialty DSP to the flap. These papers are stunning folks! I can’t wait to share more of them with you.
Thanks for stopping by. Please remember to used my HOST CODE 2TMMA9HX when ordering $50 + in products. This gives you the opportunity to receive a free product of your choice from me – not to exceed $10.
May you have a beautiful day! Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.